The Austin Zen Center is a community of people exploring how to apply the Buddha’s teachings in their daily lives. As a member-supported organization, it exists due to the generous gifts of time, skills, and money offered by dedicated supporters. The main benefit of donating to the Austin Zen Center or becoming a pledging member is knowing that your contribution helps to maintain a much-loved practice space and community of Zen practitioners.
Donations and Membership pledges are what allow AZC to have a resident teacher, to host frequent visiting teachers, to offer multiple zazen periods a day, to provide weekly public Dharma Talks (each one available online), frequent retreats, workshops, classes, sangha work days, and to generally support the day-to-day operational and utility expenses of the temple. With the recent CARES Act, your donations to AZC are now tax-deductible even for those who do not itemize their deductions.
If you have any questions about donating to AZC, becoming a member, or volunteer opportunities, please contact the AZC Administrator, Maida Barbour, using the information provided below. Your support will enable Zen Center to continue offering a full schedule of activities. Support the Austin Zen Center with your donation or membership pledge today!
If there is no answer, please leave a message and we will return your call as soon as possible.
* The Development Committee works to help maintain the financial sustainability of Austin Zen Center as a non-profit organization, and is looking for volunteers interested in becoming a part of our team.
Making Donations through AmazonSmile:
Did you know that when you shop on AmazonSmile, you’ll find the exact same prices, selection and products as you’ll find on Amazon.com, with the added benefit that AmazonSmile will donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases to the charitable organization of your choice! Please consider selecting the Austin Zen Center to receive this donation.
Please Note: If you use your desktop to shop Amazon, make sure you have bookmarked smile.amazon as your amazon homepage and selected Austin Zen Center as your charity of choice. While android users may install the Smile.Amazon APP from the Google Play Store, this will not work on iPhones. However, the good news is that you can set up a shortcut to the Amazon Smile website which gives a near identical experience to the app. It’s very quick and easy to do:
- If you have the Amazon App installed you should remove it. To do this, tap and hold the app icon until it starts to jiggle. Tap the cross at the top left of the icon and confirm that you want to delete it. Don’t worry, this will not delete your Amazon account or any of your settings.
- Now open Safari (the iPhone internet browser) and go to smile.amazon.com.
- Tap the ‘share’ button on the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the ‘Add to Home Screen’ icon. You may need to swipe to the left to get to this.
- You will now have an Amazon Smile icon on your home screen which you can use in exactly the same way you used the Amazon App.