Ongoing Meetings on Tuesdays from 7:15-8:15pm
Formal Precept Study Group
Tuesdays @7:15-8:15pm (immediately following sewing class)
The intention of this ongoing gathering is to meet and discuss our practice of the 16 Bodhisattva precepts and the perfection of Sila (morality). While specifically designed for those working towards receiving Precepts in a Lay Ordination ceremony (Jukai), all interested members are welcome to apply to this closed group. No drop-ins please.
Participation in this continuing study group requires the following commitments to one’s formal and informal practice:
- Regular attendance to these meetings
- Regular (daily-weekly) zendo presence
- Stay current with readings and exercises
- Have a regular relationship with a teacher or practice leader at AZC, including regular (at least monthly) practice discussions.
- Be an active member of the community, as recommended by your teacher
For more information, and to request admission into this ongoing group, APPLY BELOW or contact Rev. Mako Voelkel