Bring in the New Year (Year of the Pig) Zen-style at the Austin Zen Center!
Monday December 31, 2018 from 8pm – 1am
“Moment after moment we should renew our life, we should not stick to old ideas of what life is, or what our way of life is. Especially at the end of the year we should completely renew our feelings and completely clean even our cars. If we always stick to old ideas and always repeat the same thing over and over again, then we are confined in our old way of life. Some excitement or some occasion is necessary to encourage us along.”
– Suzuki Roshi
Join us in our Year-End Ceremony of traditional Soto Zen practices:
* Temple cleaning
* Chanting for compassion and awakening
* Toshi-koshi noodles (symbolizing “year bridging”)
* Two periods of sitting and walking meditation
* Ringing in the New Year with 108 bells
* Bonfire purification ceremony and celebratory toast
Come sit in stillness and presence amidst the raucous energy of the city!
Doors open at 7:45pm.
Program Fees: Suggested tax-deductible Donation (Sliding Scale): $20-40
Let’s begin 2019 by re-dedicating ourselves to extending wisdom and compassion for all!