The annual AZC Spring Fair & celebration of Buddha’s birthday has traditionally been a neighborhood-wide community event and fundraiser that brings our membership together in creative and convivial ways! In past years we’ve held a variety of different activities/performances/events. Some examples include a giant community yard-sale, a Buddhist book & Art-sale, baked-good-sale, live auction, performances of music, Kyudo (Japanese archery), Taiko (drumming), as well as Chado (tea ceremony, Qi Gong, Yoga, and assorted children’s activities to go with our Community Brunch and Buddha’s birthday ceremony.
With just over two months to prepare, let’s make this year’s Spring Fair and Buddha’s birthday a celebration to remember!
A few things we’ll need your help with:
- Consider paring down your library to support the book sale!
- Know any performance artists who might want to offer a pro-bono gig?
- Have any items to donate towards a fundraising auction? Know of an auctioneer?
- Are you a maker of jewelry, ceramics, or other media and willing to donate a piece for a raffle?
- Have a recipe for a new confection that you’d like to try out for our bake sale?
- Know some good kid-friendly games to play in the side garden?
- Have a design for a new AZC T-shirt that you’d like to submit?
- Help with publicizing this event around town!
Thank you for those who met at our preliminary planning meeting on March 27th!
Interested in supporting this event? Sign up HERE.